YOKE Volunteer Commitment
Let what you say be simply "yes" or "no"; anything more than this comes from evil.
- Matthew 5:37
What are you committing to:
How Long are you Committing For:
Thoughts to consider:
- Keep in mind that this is only one of the many different ways of serving God. If God leads you to serve in YOKE, we will be thrilled. But, if not, we know that God will provide you another place to serve
- We cannot overemphasize that as you consider becoming a volunteer, you recognize that YOKE’s method of ministry is conservative and may differ from the style of other ministries
- YOKE is looking for young adults who are committed to Jesus and who want to invest in the lives of middle school kids
- The middle school kids need a friend who really cares, is not demanding, understanding of circumstances, accepts them for who they are, and can be there for them
- Middle school kids don’t care about service hours or class requirements, they want a friend who cares about them
- Your character should be the same at YOKE and away from YOKE – Middle school kids can, and will see right through you if you are not living what you are teaching
But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation.
- James 5:12