Our volunteers serve at club once a week, at a weekend of camp once each semester, and make time to spend with their kids on a regular basis. YOKE is a big commitment, but there are lots of benefits as well. Recently we asked several of our current YOKE Folk to share why they serve and why YOKE is so meaningful to them. Here are just a few of their responses:
- "The joy that I get building relationships with kids at the most important transitional time of their lives is unexplainable."
- "Watching these students come face-to-face with the gospel and letting it transform their lives."
- "There's not a moment of YOKE – clubs, kid time, camps or team meetings - that doesn’t somehow change the life of someone there."
- "The opportunity to give back to middle school students all the things that I received from YOKE as a kid."
- "I can't imagine life without YOKE. To me #YOKEis a fun, loving, crazy, and sarcastic group of people I never knew I needed in life that I now call family."